Parish Photos from the Past
Click on a thumbnail to expand - Click on the larger image to shrink
First Church of St. Francis de Sales
The church was on the corner of James and Daly. Photo is taken from Fort Road. See the boardwalk and where they are building what would become the corner drugstore.
Second Church of St. Francis de Sales
Interior of St. Francis de Sales
This is the old church at Easter time.
Msgr. James Zachman
Pastor of St. Francis de Sales 1931-1962
St. James School, rectory and old church
Photo taken around 1915. The back section of the school and the new rectory will be built in 1923.
St. James Church interior
Note the original statues which were transferred to the new church in 1938.
Fr. Jeremiah O'Connor
Pastor of St. James 1901-1936
New Church of St. James - 1938
St. James First Communion class of 1938
Some of those children are still parishioners